Sunday, January 27, 2013

Father to Newborn Child

Hello Baby,

    You will make terrible decisions. I know that's harsh, but I have to get it out of the way. I'm not judging your future character little one, I am simply stating a universal truth. Everyone makes terrible mistakes.
    Please do not let this stop you in your attempt at perfection in whatever form you consider perfect. I simply need to tell you that there is no way of avoiding it. I wish you find forgiveness within yourself with these words, but I know it will not be enough. It will always hurt like hell when you realize you have made one of your many or few tremendously disastrous mistakes. I simply need to tell you that we have all been there and we will always eventually understand.
   I am telling this to you now because you won't remember a lick of it when you make your first mistake. If you remember it you will have it to hold against me in my early attempts to also make you perfect. It will most likely be a different perfect than your own personal perfect, but hell, a man has got to try.
    I'll be here with you for awhile, but eventually I will have to leave you. This is why I am writing this down now. This will not be the last time I say this, but it is the first: I love you with all my heart.

Good Luck,
Your Father

Aaron C. Molden 
(Dedicated to Jeff Haberlin)

No comments:

Post a Comment